You can start publishing Performance Posts for Square once you’ve connected your Twitter account or Facebook Page with your Square account to SumAll. Twitter, Facebook, and Square lets us view your respective account analytics. We collect this data for the week and then publish the positive data in the form of a tweet or post with an image.
The text of the tweet or post will include all sales made through your Square account in the past week. We won’t post at all if your Square account has not made any sales in the past week.
Creating a New Performance Post for Square
Before you create a Performance Post, you’ll need to make sure that your Square account and either your Twitter account or Facebook Page is connected with SumAll. You can see what accounts you have connected by opening the drop-down menu on the top right hand corner of the page and clicking Accounts.
- Once you know your accounts are connected, click on the Automate tab header where you’ll find the automation carousel.
- Click on the left or right arrows until you locate the Performance Post tile and then click on the tile, which will open a page where you get to set-up your tweet or post.
- On the new page select the Twitter or Facebook account you want to publish the post on, select the day you’d like it to be published each week, and click Save Settings at the bottom of the page.
Editing an Existing Performance Post for Square
You can edit an existing Performance Post’s publish day and the Twitter account or Facebook Page we publish to.
- In your SumAll account, click on the Automate tab header so you can see the calendar view of your automations.
- In your calendar, hover over the Performance Post you would like to edit and click on the settings icon.
- Change the settings you’d like us to edit and click Save Settings.
Deleting an Existing Performance Post for Square
You can delete any Performance Post you do not wish to have—but be careful! We have no way of bringing the post back, so you’ll have to create a new one from scratch if you want it again.
- In your SumAll account, click on the Automte tab header so you can see the calendar view of your automations.
- In your calendar, hover over the Performance Post you would like to edit and click on the delete icon.
- Select confirm.
Best Practices for Performance Post for Square
Performance Post is great for individuals and businesses who really focus on and believe in communities helping people. We recommend only creating one Performance Post per Twitter account or Facebook Page. Just remember each account is different, so do what is best for you!
Troubleshooting Performance Post for Square
If your Performance Post is no longer being published on Twitter or Facebook, most likely there is a problem with one of your account connections. To reconnect an account, log into SumAll and follow any reconnect prompts at the top of the page.
If you do not see any reconnect prompts, it is possible that you still need to reconnect your account. You can view the status of all of your connected accounts by opening the menu on the top right-hand corner of the page and clicking Accounts. Any account with a red dot by it instead of a green dot is an account that needs to be reconnected.
Once your Twitter account or Facebook Page has been reconnected, publishing will resume for your Product Post.
If this does not fix your problem, please open a ticket with us here.