We are able to publish Performance Posts because you’ve connected your Facebook Page to SumAll. When you connect your account, Facebook lets us view your Page analytics. We collect this data for the week and then publish the positive data in the form of a post and image.
The text of the post will include the number of post impressions, number of post reactions, number of video views, number of page impressions, and number of new page fans. We only omit a metric if the data for that metric this week is 0. The metrics we select for the images are Post Reactions, Post Impressions, and Video Views.
Creating a New Performance Post for Facebook
Before you create a Performance Post, you’ll need to make sure that your Facebook Page is connected with SumAll. You can see what accounts you have connected by opening the drop-down menu on the top right hand corner of the page and clicking Accounts.
- Once you know your Facebook Page is connected, click on the Automate tab header where you’ll find the automation carousel.
- Click on the left or right arrows until you locate the Performance Post tile and then click on the tile, which will open a page where you get to setup your post.
- On the new page, select the Facebook Page you want to publish the post on, select the day you’d like it to be published each week, and click Save Settings at the bottom of the page.
Editing an Existing Performance Post for Facebook
You can edit an existing post’s publish day and the Facebook Page we publish to.
- In your SumAll account, click on the Automate tab header so you can see the calendar view of your automations.
- In your calendar, hover over the Performance Post you would like to edit and click on the settings icon.
- Change the settings you’d like us to edit and click Save Settings.
Deleting an Existing Performance Post for Facebook
You can delete any Performance Post you do not wish to have—but be careful! We have no way bringing the post back, so you’ll have to create a new one from scratch if you want it again.
- In your SumAll account, click on the Automte tab header so you can see the calendar view of your automations.
- In your calendar, hover over the Performance Post you would like to edit and click on the delete icon.
- Select Confirm.
Best Practices for Performance Post for Facebook
Performance Post is great for individuals and businesses who really focus on and believe in communities helping people. We recommend only creating one Performance Post per Facebook Page. Just remember each Page is different, so do what is best for you!
Troubleshooting Performance Post for Facebook
If your Performance Post is no longer being published on your Facebook Page, most likely there is a problem with your Facebook Page connection and your account needs to be reconnected. To reconnect an account, log into SumAll and follow any reconnect prompts at the top of the page.
If you do not see any reconnect prompts it is possible that you still need to reconnect your account. You can view the status of all of your connected accounts by opening the menu on the top right-hand corner of the page and clicking Accounts. Any account with a red dot by it instead of a green dot is an account that needs to be reconnected.
Once your Facebook Page has been reconnected, publishing will resume for your Performance Post.
If this does not fix your problem, please open a ticket with us here.